Construction Project Coordinator / Energy Coordinator
Under general supervision of the Director of Facilities Management, this person will coordinate the various types of internal facilities construction projects. This person will work with the in-house architect from design through construction while efficiently tracking these projects a maintaining the approved budgets. This person will also oversee the initiation, planning and execution of the energy management program. Responsible for program implementation, promoting building occupant’s involvement, validating compliance, investigating issues and reviewing record keeping.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Oversees daily and periodic reports as required.
- Coordinates internal bid/award activities for construction or related projects
- Communicates and provides reports to Director of Facilities Management showing project progress, issue resolutions and timelines
- Reviews projects for possible value engineering while still maintaining energy efficiencies
- Tracks budget and schedule and develop reports as directed
- Conducts scheduled weekly construction meeting to review project status, develop punch lists and commission the project
- Coordinates the activities of the construction teams
- Manages and tracks construction budget for each project
- Provides oversight for the installation of projects
- Develop and implement a program to promote energy conservation through positive feedback to all levels of the agency and involve all personnel in taking ownership for success of program.
- Develop, coordinate and implement the aims and objectives of strategies and policies to reduce energy consumption while monitoring the effectiveness of the policies.
- Coordinate with Trust leaders to change or establish policies impacting energy consumption.
- Communicate weekly with vendors associated to energy program to ensure the program is effective.
- Report to Director of Facilities at least once monthly as to status of the Trust’s energy consumption and upcoming plans to further reduce energy.
- Assess Trust’s current operations and maintenance practices and identify needs for new procedures or further education for the facilities staff.
Provide regular communication with facility coordinators, maintenance and custodial staff as to status of their buildings’ energy consumption. Inspect buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions, needed repair, making notes and recommendations and then follow up on corrective actions.
Conduct regular audits of the Trust’s facilities to ensure operating efficiency, optimum building environment and compliance with energy guidelines. Work with facilities scheduling personnel (meeting rooms, conference spaces, etc) to ensure proper space utilization consistent with energy conservation.
Be responsible for the implementation of weekday, weekend, holiday and summer shutdown checklists for Trust facilities under his/her purview. Coordinate with energy statistician and facility management to implement night setback programs for every building under his/her purview on weeknights, weekends, holidays and summer breaks.
Coordinate with energy statistician and facility management on installation and/or repairs of energy management systems.
Knowledge and Skills:
Must possess the ability to plan, lead, organize and communicate with team members Knowledge of all phases of building construction including work commonly done by the various building trades
Must possess the ability to read and understand construction documents Knowledge and skills of effective communications with colleagues and public (written and oral). Basic understanding of MS Office, MS Outlook, any construction project management software, AutoCAD and/or Revit
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Management or related discipline from an accredited program or an equivalent combination of education and experience